Re: Application for Modification of 93.3 in Andover, MA

You are correct, WBUR's null is southwest, however - it's pretty
slight.  They aren't terribly directional, just enough to protect WCNI 91.1
in New London, CT.   You wouldn't think it necessary, but it is...I can get
WBUR as far south as Exit 6 on I-95 in Rhode Island (that's the Coventry area)

WBUR's real problem is a lack of ERP - they're only 7200 watts or so, but
they're some 1000m HAAT   So if anything does reduce the signal in your
area (terrain, mostly...like the hills in Newton nuking the signal in Back
Bay) then something nearby like WXRV in Haverhill can really blow it out.
Aaron "Bishop" Read     / aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting / www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453