Was radio in '22, ahora Television Hispanico

<<On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:49:55 -0500, "Paul Hopfgarten" <hopfgapr@sprynet.com> said:

> there really enough of a hispanic community to support 3 full power
> broadcast stations in the metro Boston area?  WWDP-46/Norwell (Telemundo);
> WUNI-27/Worcester (Univision) and as of Jan 1st, WFUB/66-Marlborough
> (Telefutura??)

Telemundo (despite its acquisition by GE/NBC this year) is generally
considered to be the weaker player.  Univision has most of the major
Spanish-language program producers locked up in long-term US
distribution contracts, to the extent that they probably own more
programming than they can practically clear on one broadcast network.
I think the general expectation is that Telefutura will squeeze out
affiliates of Telemundo and other even weaker Spanish-language
networks from all but the largest Hispanic markets.

-GAWollman