Re: Bangor Market Morning Show

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Dan Billings wrote:

> Around 1987-88, right after King first bought the station, WZON was
> commercial free AOR.  I think they went a couple of years with King running
> the station without any income.  They had great bumpers with liners like
> "50,000 in a row."

I had thought that King first bought the station in either the late 70's
or early 80's, had it for a few years, and then sold it but retained the
property in which the station and the transmitter sat so it would not be
developed. Then severin 87 or 88 he bought the station back, in the early
90's he made it the first non-commercial commercial station in the
country, did that for a few years, and then went back to running spots and
bought WKIT shortly after? That's how I understood the story from some
co-workers....

Jeremy