Re: Bangor Market Morning Show

Jeremy Mixer wrote:

>I had thought that King first bought the station in either the late 70's
>or early 80's, had it for a few years, and then sold it but retained the
>property in which the station and the transmitter sat so it would not be
>developed. Then severin 87 or 88 he bought the station back, in the early
>90's he made it the first non-commercial commercial station in the
>country, did that for a few years, and then went back to running spots and
>bought WKIT shortly after? That's how I understood the story from some
>co-workers....

More or less, but off by about 5 years.  I think he bought it originally in
'84, left it CHR for a couple years (I have an aircheck of them doing CHR
as WZON), then went all-heavy metal all the time a couple years later.  He
sold it in the early 90s to some non-profit group who took it talk (if SK
hadn't done so already), but they defaulted on the payments so SK got it
back.  Not sure when he bought WKIT.