Re: Bangor Market Morning Show

Around 1987-88, right after King first bought the station, WZON was
commercial free AOR.  I think they went a couple of years with King running
the station without any income.  They had great bumpers with liners like
"50,000 in a row."

Friends who were at the University of Maine at the time used to rave about
"Mighty John" Marshall.  A few years later he came to work in Portland.  I
think it was at "Thunder 107" WTHT, which was CHR at the time.  I could
never understand what the big deal was with him.  He sounded like an old guy
with a 1970's suck it up delivery that was really into himself.  He didn't
last long in Portland.  I think he was one of those guys who was made it big
in a small market and lived off his reputation for a long time.  The last I
heard, he was doing Oldies at WWMJ, but that was awhile ago.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine