Re: Bangor Market Morning Show

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>  Cooper Fox wrote:
> >

> >Chuck Foster,,,,
> >

> Wasn't he at the old Z-62 (WACZ, now WZON) in the early 80s?
>
> Speaking of Z-62 alumni, what ever happened to Mighty John Marshall?  I
> heard him about 10 years ago on a Bangor-area oldies station, but the last
> time I was up that way the station seemed to be all satellite.

I am not sure about Chuck Foster, however I know Mike Dow was, when I
worked there he ws talking to me about how right after Stephen King bought
the station he'd walk into the station and give the jocks some ACDC carts
to play while he was running errands.....

Chuck Foster I know has a production company in which he produces spots
for people all over the state, maybe larger- his voice is on a lot of TV
spots up here, probably one of the most widespread voices that there is in
this market.

I do not know if it was John Marshall, but one of the salespeople I work
with who has worked at WZON (and now WKIT) for years was telling me about
a jock who got canned from WZON (or WACZ, or WLBZ, what ever it was tehn!)
because they got sick of him showing up drunk every day. I know Bobby
Russel has been with the station (AM 620) since about 1978, he's now the
man in charge of WZON, WKIT, and now WDME (Dover-Foxcroft)

I can't imagine what this market sounded like in the early 80's and
throughout the 70's when most radio stations were on AM rather tehn
FM.......such a short time ago. I have a friend from Patten who used to
listen to WBLM all the time at his house.......hard to beleive...