Re: WGBH comment on Fybush.com

<<On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:01:16 -0500, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net> said:

> Why?  I would think that at least some of the public radio fans in
> the area will prefer that there be a locally run alternative to the
> big guy from Boston.

That assumes that the organization calling itself ``Nantucket Public
Radio'' is in fact a `public radio' operator.  Until we know who is
behind the operation, we can't say how it will be run.

According to the FCC, the station's official mailing address, should
anyone wish to do further research, is:

	Nantucket Public Radio Inc.
	57 Pocomo Road
	Nantucket, MA 02554

This would be Nantucket's third radio station, and in all likelihood
the only one which physically can't serve much of an audience
off-island.  (The other two are WRZE and WNAN, both of which can be
heard on the mainland.)  Nantucket once had a CP granted for a WLNE
translator on channel 26 and an LPTV on channel 17; both are now
deleted if they were even ever built.

-GAWollman