Re: more ad intrusions

How about this.  WWZZ in Washington DC, an adult-leaning CHR station,
sold the NAMING rights to their morning show to McDonalds!  They now
have to call the morning program the "McDonalds morning show with
_________and __________on Z-104!"

Also, some of the big corporations are experimenting with playing full
songs as "extended commercials!"  The record company buys the time to
"showcase" a song that the station has already added.  The song plays
just before a stopset, but it's intro'ed and outro'ed by pre-recorded
announcements saying it's being "brought to you" by _________Records,
and the CD can be purchased at____________, etc.

Considering the fledging economy and the highly-leveraged nature of
these broadcasting companies, one must wonder what other
"non-traditional revenue" sources they'll come up with.....

Mike Thomas