Re: Propagation 1965--Propagation 1961et al

Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> I remember one morning waking up to a strange hetrodyne on my radio....and
> from what I could make out it was some station calling itself "Family
> Radio"....<snip> and placed a call to their headquarters in CAlifornia to inquire as to what
> station I was actually picking up.  THey told me that all their stations are
> on shortwave...and they didn't have any on MW.  I asked then how caould I
> have picked you up on the AM dial here in Massachusetts?  It left both of us
> scratching our heads....

WYFR (Your Family Radio) broadcast on shortwave from the former WNYW
(Radio New York Worldwide) facility in Scituate for most of the '70s and
possibly into the early '80s before moving to a new site near
Okeechobee, Florida.  Might your catch have happened during this time?