Re: Propagation 1965--Propagation 1961et al

I remember one morning waking up to a strange hetrodyne on my radio....and
from what I could make out it was some station calling itself "Family
Radio"....doing religious radio.    I was intrigued!

I found there was indeed an outfit that called itself Family Radio...and
placed a call to their headquarters in CAlifornia to inquire as to what
station I was actually picking up.  THey told me that all their stations are
on shortwave...and they didn't have any on MW.  I asked then how caould I
have picked you up on the AM dial here in Massachusetts?  It left both of us
scratching our heads....

Apparently all of their transmissions ARE on SW....and I (guess) I was
picking up some kinda harmonic.....although none of their transmitted are
around here.

It was strange, with no good explanation....and I'll never forget hearing
them that morning.

JP