Re: I Just Got Back From Ferry Street in Salisbury, MA

 Laurence Glavin wrote

> it's exactly as tall as the existing one and I doubt the 1450 in Concord,
NH
> or the 1440 in Westbrook, ME would allow WNBP to install a more efficient
> stick.

The new tower is the same height because THAT is the 1/4 wavelength height
for 1450.

>It seems to be a lot of trouble for not much gain.

The old tower and ground system were in very poor shape, it was simply time
to fix the place up.
This will allow us to continue being the only Merrimac Valley AM focused on
the local community with all programming in English and no "bird feed"
(satellite programming).

Matt Stevens
Operations Manager
Radio Newburyport LLC