Our Maine News

The 10:00 PM News on WPXT is now called "Our Maine News" and is being
simulcast on UPN 35 WPME.  Anyone have any thoughts on the philosophy behind
this?  WPXT covers the same geography so they don't pick up any territory.
As for total ratings, I would think different programming would bring higher
combined ratings.

By the way, the 10:00 PM news has been cut back from 1 hour to 35 minutes and
they have added a 30 minute 7:00 PM newscast that is only on UPN 35.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine