Re: Station ID's (was wxlo uses..)

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Someone who is really from Maine can probably supply the proper wording of
> the following story, which provides some insight into what people do in
> Aroostook County: A big city feller was asking a Mainer how come anybody put
> up with living in Aroostook County, considering how long and cold the winter
> nights were. The Mainer replied that the primary reason the population had
> not dropped to zero was those very same long, cold, winter nights.

sure.

A big sit-ty feller was askin a mainah how come 'nybody poot up wihth
livin in the count-ty, consid'rin' how lohng and cohld them wintah nights
waz. The Mainah replied "That's why weah heah, we don' leave cuz them
theyah cold wintah nights"

something like that, or should i say "som'pin like dat...." Actually I
have never heard that in my life, but that is the proper woprding for
whatchya said :p

Jeremy