Re: attacks on Afghanistan have begun

At 11:57 PM 10/7/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>I am listening too.
>
>In spite of BZ's claims, they are not staffing for these situations.
>They do not even cut away from CBS network during breaks.
>I heard Bill Whitney (network anchor) redoing promos.

Wasn't saying WBZ Radio is perfect.  But on the weekend, they at least do
not do info-mercials in prime time like another station in the market which
purports to be news-talk.  Agreed, they went right to the network, and
agreed, in this era of media consolidation, they rely on some of the WBZ TV
staff reporters.  I'd love to have heard  WBZ Radio use John Henning or
Gary LaPierre give commentary on the news today but realistically, most
stations don't call in their "big guns" on a Sunday unless there is some
dire emergency.  Everybody worked overtime (and really long shifts too)
during the September 11-12 time frame, as those events unfolded.  I am
certain that, had these events occurred on a Sunday, lots of reporters
would have gotten called in...