Re: ID Cities

<<On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 07:18:17 -0400, "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net> said:

> I guess that raises the question if WPTZ TV's COL is North Pole, then why is
> it not listed first after the calls?

Because they've been trying to finesse it for decades.  Back in the
eighties, they would use the graphic:

		( 5 logo)
		(---"---)
		(---"---)
		 W P T Z
Plattsburgh	North Pole	Burlington

(Please excuse my lousy ASCII art.)  I think they decided that they
could claim that it was in the correct form if one read vertically.
Their main studios were always located in Plattsburgh (1 Old Moffett
Road), and for many years they had studios in downtown Burlington (7
Burlington Square?) although I think they decamped to an industrial
park in Colchester about ten years ago.

-GAWollman