RE: ID Cities

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:20:45 Adam Rivers wrote:

> i found North Pole, NY in my National Geographic
> Road Atlas. It's ion  a
> little unnamed road in hilly terrain (the geographic
> atlas is shaded,, very
> good atlas.. About 15 miles ENE of Saranac Laked and
> near Lake Placid. It';s
> off Rt. 86.. plattsburgh's probably about 50 mi away
>
> ~adam

That sounds about right.  I am an alumni of SUNY
Plattsburgh, and am fairly familiar with that part of
NY state.  I also remember hearing a story from
employees of WPTZ when I was still up there about
taped show/station IDs they would get from various
celebrities in TV shows they would carry.  Apparently
they got a real classic one from Jay Leno, which they
actually used on air where he said something to the
effect of "WPTZ North Pole....NORTH POLE!!!!   WHERE
IN THE HECK IS THAT!!!  I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS EVEN A
TOWN CALLED NORTH POLE!"

                          Matt Osborne
                          Hyde Park, NY