Re: Alternate site backups

The majority of Cable operators in southern Maine that I am aware of (Metrocast and Adelphia
for example) use at least some off air pickup from their head ends. Sometimes one can observe
RF interference from nearby two way and paging equipment affecting the signal quality of the
more distant (Boston) stations that are commonly carried on the local cable systems, and bad
weather and icing can affect even the local ones.

Of course, many cable systems in Maine are far out from their feed sources. The "antenna
farms" accociated with the head ends can be seen in places like Mount Hope in Sanford (near
the TX site of WPHX-FM) and near Adelphia's business office in Kennebunkport.

-Ben