Re: Definitive answer

In a message dated Wed, 26 Sep 2001  2:38:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, hmglaz@webtv.net (Howard Glazer) writes:

>I don't imagine you remember me, but I used to call you
> occasionally at GTR with rock 'n' roll trivia and radio stuff. I was a
> freshman or sophomore in college at the time. I also won a 20-pound
> Thanksgiving turkey from GTR once, necessitating a Swampscott-to-Natick
> drive one Saturday afternoon.

Did you have to make a gobble noise to win?  We did a promotion where listeners called in and did their impression of a turkey gobble.  Then we took a tape of the listener gobbles to a turkey farm in Framingham and played it. If a real turkey reacted to your gobble you'd win. I have to say that I felt ridiculous standing there in the rain holding a cassette player and trying to get a reaction from a turkey.  I'm sorry, Ma'am, the turkey blinked but didn't make any noise when we played your gobble - so you don't win. But try again next year!

> Howard

> who still remembers John H.'s Stairway to Heaven signoff shtick word for word?

He wrapped it up with "Learn from yesterday, live for today, dream for tomorrow - and above all else, be your dream!"