Re: "WBZ Boston, USA"

----- Original Message -----
From: <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <kaimbridge@my-deja.com>
Cc: "B-R-I" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: "WBZ Boston, USA"

> I suppose that any broadcast exec worth his or her salt
> regards a national crisis as an opportunity (to get
> publicity, market share, whatever), but to have a
> voiceover guy sound positively gleeful about the tragic
> deaths of 7000 people was tasteless and gross in the
> extreme. 'BZ management should be ashamed of itself.

I agree with Dan on this.  Not to sound like a company man (and god knows
I'm not, right Chuck?) but I think my employers showed a great deal of
sensitivity by dropping all promos, jingles, and voicers immediately after
the crisis.  Most promo material did not return for a week and the jingles,
promos, and voicers that did return were carefully selected.  At Oldies
100.9, we are still not using the "Good Times & Great Oldies" positioner,
which has significantly limited the number of jingles and voicers we can
use.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine