Re: Old Gold Glory (was: VBCNN (was: Dan Rather))

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

> Now what I thought was really classy was a local copy/print shop here in
> the neighborhood printed out hundreds of full-size two-sided color copies
> of the flag on legal-sized paper and had a guy handing them
> out yesterday.
>
> No advertising, no phone numbers.  Just plain Old Glory.
>
> Now THAT was classy.

Ditto tto the Bangor Daily News, a newspaper I am not too particularly
fond of normally, who printed a US flag in every paper and they are being
hung all over the greater Bangor region....

The only thing that is unlike the copy company is the fact that in the
corner was the Bangor Daily News logo......

I was amazed that the weekend edition of the newspaper, which usually only
takes me 30-45 minutes to go through while board opping "Flashback" every
Saturday morning on WKIT, took me over two hours to get through the past
two weekends. That is how burieed I am in this news.....absolutely
amazing.

I will still take the Portland Press Herald and Maine Sunday Telegram any
day over the BDN though.....