Old Gold Glory (was: VBCNN (was: Dan Rather))

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Adam Rivers wrote:

> I know.. there are none in any local stores/shops either.. the Union News
> published one yesterday, Newsday published one yesterday, and the Herald did
> today.

They've been selling American flags all over the place in Chinatown here
in NYC; along with the "I can't believe I got out alive," "I survived
the WTC attack" and "Attack on America" teeshirts....

I'm dead serious, folks.

Oh and did I mention the dudes selling postcards and picture prints of the
WTC? They're the same ones that were selling the 5$ bootleg CDs and the
"Rolodex" (fake Rolex) wrist-watches out of the suitcases last week....

Now what I thought was really classy was a local copy/print shop here in
the neighborhood printed out hundreds of full-size two-sided color copies
of the flag on legal-sized paper and had a guy handing them
out yesterday.

No advertising, no phone numbers.  Just plain Old Glory.

Now THAT was classy.

 --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few