Arbitrends(tm) For Boston Out Tonight

The stock market resumed operations today;  spectator sports resume (although
I don't plan to be spectating) so I guess the BRIG can in some small measure
get back to business.
(Because Arbitron(tm) number are proprietary, I won't quote them exactly but relatively).
WBOS and WBOT are tied!  A near-full power omnidirectional on the Pru and a
rimshotter reaching the same number of 12-plussers all-day all week!
I've read that some sub-atomic particle pop into view than rapidly disappear;
apparently this is true of ethnic stations.  Last 'trend period, WUNR-AM 1600 (COL:Brookline)
showed up with a measureable decimal point...now it's gone, it's place
taken by WRCA-AM 1330
(COL:Waltham, studios I believe in Kaimbridge to use BRIG spelling.)
And for the umpteenth time, no appearance by WWZN-AM 1510, about which the
following observation:
like so many of you, I was surfing radio and TV for the varieties of
WTC/Pentagon Disaster coverage.  I missed Tim Russert's interview of
VP Cheney on "MtP" on TV.  As I was driving to the West Newton Cinema to
pick up a pair of tickets for a movie, I had WWZN on and they were simulcasting
Russert's interview either from the NBC broadcast network or MSNBC.
Heading south on rt. 128 just before the rt 30 exit, there was a
DEEP null causing the station nearly to disappear.  Then as I proceeded
along rt 30 in an easterly direction prior to its junction with
rt 16,
the station was so generally weak, it was like trying to pick up such
far-way upper-frequency outlets as WBET-AM 1460 in Brockton!
This was a little after mid-day when WWZN should be broadcasting with its
least-restrictive pattern.  It's as if WNLC-AM 1510 in New London, CT
were still on the air!
People have surmised that large areas of metro Boston won't be able to get the
Keltic's games at night:  daytimes could also be a horror.

Laurence Glavin

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp