Follow-up on "Weakest Link"

The Boston Herald got it right: a person associated with a Boston-area radio station
WAS a contestant on "The Weakest Link" Sunday night, Sept 9th.  He was merely
identified as Paul, age 28 from Millbury, Mass...occupation: classical DJ.
(No call letters given, no interview by the Harridan Hostess so he could plug WCRB)
The guy did ok, making it to the finals without receiving a single vote as the weakest
link;  but the most damning riposte was made NOT by Mrs. Robinson, but by a real
rocket scientist, Monikka (pronounced Moe-NEEK-ah).
As a defensive ploy, Paul and David, the second and third most qualified contestants
voted Monikka off, with Paul stating outright that she was the greatest threat to the jackpot.
(Now this was the first time I had seen the show, and I imagine this must happen
EVERY week;  it's the most rational strategy.)  David BTW was a bartender at a
gay nightclub, not that there's anything wrong with that.  So in the "locker room
interview" portion of the show, Monikka vented her anger thusly:
"Fear...I think they were scared.  You know...a music major and a drag queen.
At least I can go home with the consolation that (you know) I've got a real job!"
David, the gay bartender won, taking home about 37-kilobucks, Paul left with
nothing.
Incidentally, by checking a website associated with WCRB (not wcrb.com) but
www.theclassicalstation.net, the website for their dumbed-down network including
the Tanger family B*Q stations in Maine, I observed that Paul Backman is
apparently on the staff of Charles River Broadcasting, not just a newsie with
Metro Traffic...but I haven't heard him yet.

Laurence Glavin

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!