RE: 'EEI bumps Mon Nite Football to 'RKO

Yes, though I can't remember them doing it for Monday
night NFL football.

For awhile some sports got bumped to 1150 when they
had an arrangement with 1150 (forget the calls
1150 had at the time).

By the way, when I was in Vermont on Labor Day,
WDEV (550) and WDEV-FM (96.1) was carrying a Westwood
One major league baseball game (Astros-Reds, I
think). I don't think WEEI would pre-empt their
talk shows for such a game, unless it's something
like "Bonds has 69 home runs and could tie McGwire's
record today, if not surpass it". I was in Vermont
on Labor Day a few years ago and the St. Louis game
was on (network coverage) as McGwire was about to
tie the Maris "61" record (and he did, breaking it the
next day, I believe).

Even daytime MLB baseball playoffs probably won't
be on WEEI, though they'd carry night games.