Memo circulating at WBUR

I thought you'd get a kick out of this memo that someone taped to Ted O'Brien's PC Monitor. I can't scan here so I'll just type it in.

For Release Upon Receipt
Contact: Henry Morton Stanley 617/353-0187 lost@bu.edu

O'BRIEN NAMED HEAD OF BU AMC CHAPTER

(Boston, Mass.) - WBUR news anchor Ted O'Brien has been named faculty advisor and honorary president of the Boston University Chapter of the Appalachian Mountain Club. Mr. O'Brien, a famed hiker, accepted the nomination upon his recent return from New Hampshire.
"I'm deeply honored." Mr. O'Brien said. "Of course, I must add that it's quite humbling to realize that your highest calling is to serve as an example to others."
Mr. O'Brien said that his first act as head of the BU AMC chapter would be to change the club's motto to "Ubi edepol terrarum sum?", from the Latin for "Where the Hell am I?"
In another development, Mr. O'Brien has been appointed to the faculty of the Department of Geography in the College of Arts and Sciences. He will teach a course on the topography of the White Mountains, beginning this week. "This man eats, sleeps, drinks and walks the White Mountains," said Dr. David Livingstone, chair of the Geography Department. "We want him to start teaching right away, while it's fresh in his mind, and before he wanders off again."
Finally, WBUR station manager Jane Christo has named Mr. O'Brien executive producer of the station's latest project, "Survivor - The Radio Edition."

-30- September 4, 2001

Please don't hit reply, I'm not at my home computer

DF