RE: AM 740 not doing Legal ID

On 3 Sep 2001, at 10:03, Adam Rivers wrote:

> I've been hearing a Canadian (I know its from Canada b/c I heard a
> commercial about Canadian book for money management or something).. on 740
> AM overnight.. that has not been doing station ID at all. I've been
> listening for hours at a time.. and all they say at the top of the hour is
> "You're listening to AM 740, Prime Time Radio". Does anyone here know what
> the call letters of that station may be?

AM 740 Prime Time Radio is CHWO-AM out of Toronto, occupying the former CBC
AM frequency in Toronto.

Further information available at:

<http://www.odxa.on.ca/chwo.html>

Canadian stations are SUPPOSED to legally ID at the top of the air.  Some, like
Montreal's CINW 940, often "forget" to do such, although 940's "forgetfulness" has
recently been rectified with the recent appointment of John Hayes, he of WNBC fame,
who issued the directives to Kevin Metheny to state "W-NNNN-B-C" as often as
possible, as President of Corus Entertainment's radio properties.

Stephen Pickford
Host/Executive Producer -- Travel World Radio Show
A Nascor International Production for the Liberty Works Radio Network

Travel World, Saturdays 1100-Noon (ET) across America via Satellite
on the Voice of Truth in Broadcasting, the Liberty Works Radio Network

Tel.: (514) 630-9565
Fax:  (514) 630-8166

Member:  Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC)
http://www.travelmedia.ca

http://www.twc.ca
http://www.libertyworksradio.com/travelworld.shtml