Re: Audio Election Watch

Tony S. writes:
> Over the years, as a candidate, radio talk show host, and now, newspaper
reporter, I have been dismayed at the lack of coverage given to political
candidates on the local level.

This is because reporters rarely stay at newspapers long enough to build a
rapport with the people who matter. Same goes for editors. Either that, or
most of these papers (especially CNC pre-Herald purchase, where a lot of the
weeklies were cannibalized) have been stripped of a good chunk of their
resources. Newspapers that had two or three reporters now have one -- and
don't even have their own editor anymore. (For the purposes of full
disclosure, I was a CNC sports editor for a year and a half.)

I'm off my soapbox now.

-Sean