Audio Election Watch

Dear friends,

Starting Thursday, Sept. 6, 2001, I will be launching a series of radio segments entitled. "Audio Election Watch," on numerous metropolitan Boston radio stations.
These 15 to 30 minute segments will include interviews and campaign even coverage for candidates involved in the Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville municipal election process.
"Audio Election Watch" will also be presenting segments involving the last two weeks of the 9th Congressional District special election primary, in addition to the final election in October.

The radio stations participating in the "Audio Election Watch" series include WMBR 88.1 FM MIT radio in Cambridge, WMFO 91.5 FM Tufts University radio in Medford, WZBC 90.3 FM Boston College radio in Newton, and Allston/Brighton Free Radio, 1630 and 1670 AM, in Allston
The segments will air at varying times during their news programs until November 6.

Over the years, as a candidate, radio talk show host, and now, newspaper reporter, I have been dismayed at the lack of coverage given to political candidates on the local level.
The "Audio Election Watch" series will give candidates the opportunity to be heard on the airwaves, and will hopefully, expand the political participation of listeners in local election cycles.

Thank you for your time,

Tony Schinella
radiotony@aol.com