Re: WHEB 7-5-0 AM

> Knight gave up the AM license for pure economics.  750 was a
> daytimer and would always be a daytimer.  The other AMs in this
> area had longer hours of operation.  WHEB-FM was outperforming
> WHEB-AM hands down in terms of sales.  >
>
> Dan Cole

Wasn't it also that the FM wanted to put up a much bigger stick. The
powers that be in Portsmouth cith government, from what I understand, made
a deal that they could have a huge new FM antenna built under two
conditions.
1) The AM antenna had to come down
2) Portsmouth public safety agencies could put antennas on the same tower.
(Which did not happen for a long time!)

John
N1QGS