RE: GE SuperRadios

> Blauplunkt makes some of the GM/Delco ones...mine is (or at least the tape
> deck is).

How's this for weird.

My Volkswagen has a Monsoon stereo; Monsoon is a division (or at least
significantly owned by) GM. VW settled with GM in an industrial espionage
case; the settlement calls for VW to buy billions in car parts from GM,
hence the stereo in my VW is essentially what you'd find in a Pontiac.
Monsoon in turn sources the head units (for my particular car) from
Blauplunkt. It's actually quite a good unit. VW's come with a rooftop
mounted, shortened antenna, kind of a "rubber duck". It's the best factory
stereo for FM I've had. All-time best was a Pioneer "SuperTuner III"
that I put into a Ford I owned. Very sensitive and selective receiver;
at least as car stereos go.