RE: GE SuperRadios

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Hakim Madjid wrote:
> As for GM's 1970s antenna-in-the-winshield thing, I guess that was a thin
> wire dipole type of thing imbeded in the windshield. You could actually see
> the wires if you looked closely. Of course, the last 30 years of automtive

One of my friends has a 1970s vintage rustbucket Chevvy with one of those
dipoles in the windscreen.  It's plain bad.  Out in Long Island, the radio
is useless, save on the local FM  stations (WLIR, WDRE, etc.).  Of course,
the fact that the radio is probably stuffed with years of tobacco smoke
deposits doesn't help much.... :-)

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few