This week's LTAR

<<On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:18:44 -0700 (PDT), "Bob Nelson...WMWM" <bobonradio@yahoo.com> said:

> I think they're called?) can seem endless-- and of
> course if you try to change the station, you find
> THEY'RE running a long set of ads themselves.
> (Maybe the "other" station is co-owned, and they
> plan it that way...)

Believe it or not, there is no conspiracy here.  It just turns out
that, because of the way Arbitron measures listenership, it is
advantageous to schedule stop sets at particular points in the clock.
I think this has been explained by pros on this list before, so you
might have a look in the archives.

-GAWollman