Fwd: Re: Heat Wave Triggers Demise of the Elderly; WCRB Arbitrends(tm) Decline

 This is roughly the second anniversary of the removal of the Metropolitan Opera
broadcasts from WCRB.  The station took a critical and journalistic hit at the
time and afterwards, they seem to have adopted a policy of hiding from view
since then.  Almost NOTHING has changed on South St. in Waltham for
two years, the same recordings, the same little promotions (Killer B's)...
the ratings stayed the same with some upticks when Arbitron(tm) added some
small Worcester County towns to the Boston Metro, WSJZ flipped to talk and
WBOQ dropped any semblance of classical programming except for The Met.
The numbers were so static, it appeared that they reflected the habits of
an unchanging group of individuals, probably with no new additions.  So when I saw
the first dip in a while, I thought I'd adduce a possibly humorous reason because
this cohort is not suddenly developing "good taste" and switching to WGBH
or W-H-RB...maybe they're dying off!  Since I haven't employed this
image before, it's not exactly one-note!

BTW, another SHOCKING item in the latest Arbitrends:
the appearance of WUNR-1600 AM.
This is a REAL insult to WWZN-AM 1510 when they can't get any numbers at all,
but the weakest ethnic outlet can.