Re: Fwd: Re: Heat Wave Triggers Demise of the Elderly; WCRB Arbitrends(tm) Decline

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Laurence Glavin wrote:

>  This is roughly the second anniversary of the removal of the Metropolitan Opera
> broadcasts from WCRB.  The station took a critical and journalistic hit at the
> time and afterwards, they seem to have adopted a policy of hiding from view
> since then.

WHRB, on the other hand, got favorable mentions in the Globe, the New York
Times, and even Sports Illustrated.

Does anyone know if Chevron/Texaco is going to continue sponsoring the
Metrtopolitan Opera Radio Network? As of today, we haven't heard.

> Almost NOTHING has changed on South St. in Waltham for two years, the
> same recordings, the same little promotions (Killer B's)...  the ratings
> stayed the same with some upticks when Arbitron(tm) added some small
> Worcester County towns to the Boston Metro,

Actually the ratings went down when that happened. AQH share has averaged
about half a point lower ever since.

> BTW, another SHOCKING item in the latest Arbitrends:
> the appearance of WUNR-1600 AM.

Excellent! I used to work there once.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com