Re: Potty Runs (was Today's LTAR)

On 29 Jun 2001,  Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Rob Landry writes:
> > Our people don't have that problem, thanks to Johann, Ludwig, and
> > Johannes.
>
> Tell that to the conductor!

Shortly after we got our first TV (I was about 4 1/2 at the time), I
realized that people on television never had to leave to go to the
bathroom.  Since this was an ordinary occurrence in real life, I asked my
mother about it.  She said it was because they go before the show.

I've also read that King George V gave this piece of advice to his son,
the future King Edward VIII and Duke of WIndsor:  "Never pass up an
opportunity to relieve yourself."

I imagine a symphony conductor, like any good performer, goes before he
takes the stage and/or in any intermission.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210          lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503           http://www.attorneyross.com