Re: Potty Runs (was Today's LTAR)

In a message dated 6/28/01 9:24:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dib9@gwi.net
writes:

<< Chuck, I'll resist stealing your lines and suggesting that someone needs to
 chill out.

I have a story to tell, which relates to the Dan B and Chuck I. debate......

Once upon a time, there was a station owner (not me) who was in a quandry
because his sales manager (a guy) was rather obnoxious and didn't get along
with the secretary (a gal).  He often demanded she get him coffee.  She
didn't comply. They didn't get along.  He never came on to her.   Besides,
she was too busy banging the GM.  She pondered: "How can I get rid of the
sales manager?"  Ah! -How about a sexual harassment suit?   And that 's what
she filed.

I submit this as one of the possible reasons why hard-drives are so widely in
use. They can be trusted not to file false sex-harassment suits (or any other
kind).  So, while a lot of us depsise big corporations as station owners (and
such are not my favorite kind, either in such large numbers), keep in mind
that such station owners, big & small, often CYA  (or actually CTA) with
fewer people and more automation.

Moral of the story..... blame the lawyers, too.

---jibguy