RE: BBC WS stops shortwave broadcasts to US

	At 01:51 PM 6/8/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I guess the BBC thinks that Internet streaming and the public broadcasters
>that re-broadcast the World Service is a good substitute for SW broacasting.
>IMHO they are wrong.
>
>Internet streaming requires that the listner be at or near a computer and
>modem, and have the proper streaming media client installed.

Friend of mine has a cable modem, and he *cannot* get a stream to go more
than 30 seconds without stuttering.  I can't get more than 10 seconds of
audio at a time with a 56K connection.

Oh, and that phone.  I'm going to tie up the phone just for the Beeb.
Right.

The BBC decided to do this and invent a BS answer afterwards, IMNSHO.

You'll probably still be able to pick up the Beeb on 5975 and 12095 on your
little SW receiver.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan@shore.net