From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Bob
Nelson...WMWM
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 12:54 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: BBC WS stops shortwave broadcasts to US

An item in today's "Ask the Globe" in the Boston
Globe mentions that as of June 30, the BBC World
Service will no longer broadcast its shortwave
transmissions to the US, Canada, and several other
countries. The BBC is finding it more cost-effective
to broadcast over the internet plus many public
stations air BBC WS programs.