RE: BBC WS stops shortwave broadcasts to US

On 8 Jun 2001,  David Moisan wrote:

> Friend of mine has a cable modem, and he *cannot* get a stream to go more
> than 30 seconds without stuttering.  I can't get more than 10 seconds of
> audio at a time with a 56K connection.

Well, I've got a dialup and a 56K connection, and it usually works.  I do
tie up the phone every evening while I'm online, so it doesn't matter if I
also listen to something.  Right now I'm listening to WMUA in Amherst.  I
generally listen to the BBC online or on WBUR these days, less often on
shortwave because of the reception quality.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/