Re: NERW 6/4: Utica Goes "Quick"

In a message dated Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:48:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Scott D Fybush <fybush@world.std.com> writes:

<< All Access reports "Radio Omega," which has been
running a micropower operation in Harrisburg, is now leasing WPDC
(1600 Elizabethtown), replacing sports on the station midway between
Harrisburg and Lancaster. >>

When I listened to 1600 a couple weeks ago, Red Rose Broadcasting (owners of WPDC and WOYK 1350 York) was still running ESPN Radio (as well as their NASCAR) on both signals. I'll have to check 1600 on my way home tonight to on the way to school tomorrow.

Red Rose had consolidated their business operations in E-town for both stations. IIRC, 1600 doesn't put a great signal into Lancaster City (where there is a sizable Hispanic population) and it is horrible up in Harrisburg.

-Sean