Re: William Pierce of WCRB

Hakim Madjid wrote:

> I seem to also remember a device simlar to the 8 track tuner you describe,
> but it was for cassette players. There were separate devices for both AM and
> FM.

My first personal (early 80s) Cassette player (Walkman-type) from Koss had an
AM/FM tuner in a
Cassette form factor. The Tuner Module had contacts in the cassette bay for
audio, power, etc.
The antenna was routed out to the headphone wires. The Play button turned on the
power and a
mode switch disabled the spindle motors to extend battery life.
IIRC, the audio was not transferred from the tuner through the tape heads,
unlike the casette
adapter that came with my portable CD player.

Tony Abruzzese                  e-mail: abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Network Administrator                         Biochemistry Department
              Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                               Fax:617.638.5339