RE: RE: Pohistorynow.com on clear channels

>Actually WAAF's signal in Berkshire County isn't very good thanks to WRWD
>down near Poughkeepsie which over-rides it from Sheffield all the way up to
>Pittsfield.

I've gotten WAAF, fading but no WRWD interference, in Pittsfield proper,
same deal for WZLX, WODS, WMJX, and WXKS-FM.

>When I was living in Great Barrington once upon a time, I
>remember many of my classmates saying how they hate WRWD because of the
>simple fact it made WAAF un-listenable in Great Barrington.

Ah, just like a million other cases throught the northeast because of
drop-in stations. And yes, WRWD does kill WAAF reception in the southern
half of Berkshire County.

>As for WAAF in Springfield, it's signal is at 10db in low lying areas,
>about
>15db in higher up areas (for reference, Hartford is about 20-25db depending
>on the station and location).

And puts in a walkman-quality signal.

Jason Bereza
Northeast Radio Guide: http://www.radio-info.com/northeast