Re: air personality names.

On 15 May 2001,  Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:

> << Yes, but he also used an on-air name.  He was on in the morning as Mel
> Miller and in the afternoon as Melvin X. Melvin. >>
>
> Wouldn't the audience have noticed the similar voice when he pulled double-duty?

Well, I didn't.  I didn't know they were the same person until he appeared
on the WROR Rock & Roll Revival Weekend in March 1985.  I think he used a
bit more echo as Mel Miller, so as to disguise his voice a little.  The
morning show (Mel Miller) was called the "Housewives' Hit Parade," and the
afternoon show (Melvin X. Melvin) was the "Gold Platter Show."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/