Re: air personality names.

I've always used my real name on the air except for a brief period on WCLZ
in 1985 when I went by "Bill Daniels."  (Clever, huh?)  The PD suggested
that I use a different name because I was doing a lot of sports on the AM.

Where I work now, one guy uses one name on one station in the building and a
different name on another station in the building.  Neither name is his real
name.  I could never pull that off.  I'm be getting my name wrong half the
time.

It does seem like most people today use their own names, unless they have a
name that is hard to pronounce or if they started using another name when
that was the norm.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine