Re:first time on the air

<gary@garysicecream.com> wrote:

> My first time on TV was in 1970 on WBZ-TV when they
> did a story about the
> closing of my high school (Keith Academy, Lowell).
> Come to think of it - in
> 1970 my high school and the TV station where I
> worked (WXPO-TV50) both
> closed - was I a jinx (nah, the TV station was
> doomed from the gitgo, right
> Peter?)
>
> -gary francis

     Nah, Gary...... I highly doubt that you were the
culprit in getting WXPO-TV50 "doomed from the getgo"!
:)!!  As reasons listed in the WXPO-TV history on
RadioDXer.com (The UHF Morgue), that little
Independent from Lowell/Manchester tried.....but could
quite make it.  We're YOU the last operator before
PSCNH pulled the switch during that last episode of
"Maverick" back in 1970?  -Pete (RadioDXer.com)

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
                           "Scanning the bands since 1967"