Wall St Journal slams telecommunications act

I don't know whether nonsubscribers can access articles
at the WSJ Web site. My information comes from a look at
the print edition of yesterday's Journal (5/3/2001)
Pages B1 and B4. The Journal devotes almost two full
pages to a critical review of the effects of the Law.
None of the articles deals with the effects on over-the-
air broadcast services, but the story titles will give
you the flavor:

The Big Telecom Disconnect (headline for the group of
stories)

Reform Act Hasn't Delivered Promises to Consumers (That
should be "Delivered on," but space contraints sometimes
force headline writers to take liberties with the
language.)

Complaints Rise as Phone-Service Problems Mount

Everybody's Got a Solution For Industry's Woes

... and the carryover heads on Page B4

Telecom Act Doesn't Deliver on Promise of Price Relief

Crossed Lines, Messed-Up Bills Lead to Increase in Phone
Complaints

Everybody's Got a Solution--That's the Problem

Editorially, the Journal is bastion of political
conservatism, but the paper's reporting is arguably
second to none. So whether this special coverage's focus
is an attempt to lay the blame on the Democrats or to
hand out brickbats without discriminating, I won't be
able to say until I've read it all.