RE: WGSR (Was: 89.3 pirate goes ID-crazy)

Well, a 50 kW station that served J'ville could be
attractive to the major groups. OTOH, although I know
almost nothing about J'ville radio, I assume that, like
most FL markets, it's WAY over radioed. If whoever
acquires the station has deep enough pockets, the big
problem with the upgrade will be finding and acquiring a
suitable Tx site, and getting the construction approved
by the local zoning authorities and tree huggers.
Considering that the station would probably require a
site very near the coast to get decent coverage, and
considering the hurricane risk along Florida's Atlantic
coast, the construction could also be quite costly.

The idea of changing the COL to a community south of
J'ville sounds right. Since the night pattern would have
to protect Mexico, a Tx in a coastal location south of
the major population center would probably cover the
city quite adequately.