Re: Telecommunications Act (Lack of) Coverage

In a message dated 5/3/01 12:12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mamros@MIT.EDU
writes:

<< For all of the evils of the Telecomm Act - and please feel free to
 correct me if I'm wrong - I don't believe that it actually took
 away the licenses of any existing radio operators, "small-time"
 or otherwise.  Rather, a lot of "small-time" operators sold their
 operations - many of them for a tidy profit, at that - to the
 "big-time" operators.

They HAD to.   Losing too much money....    part of the design of TelCom96.
---jibguy