Re: Telecommunications Act (Lack of) Coverage

It was "rammed through Congress" by the Republicans, the creators of the
bill.  While it is true that both parties largely supported it, that was a
result of bargaining so that Dems could win other matters.  I'm sure that the
other matters were not nearly as important as TelCom96.  And we cannot forget
that the NAB was throwing money/influence at all politicians.   The NAB
started it, the Republicans embraced it and just about all politicians voted
for it.   I think we can still blame the Republicans.
-----jibguy