Re: Telecommunications Act (Lack of) Coverage

<<On Thu, 3 May 2001 15:46:41 -0400, Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> said:

> I'm surprised to hear that McCain voted NO,  wasn't it McCain that
> introduced legislation that would eliminate the cross ownership ban
> between publications and broadcast outlets?

I don't know whether it was him or not.  But you must admit that the
cross-ownership ban is honored more in the breach than in the
observance; there are many, many markets where (even before 1996)
radio stations and newspapers were commonly owned.  (Indeed, as nearby
as Brockton!)  I think Boston was actually one of the few places where
the FCC did not regularly grant waivers.

-GAWollman